Conditions treated – and the treatments offered – by Washington University pediatric surgeons include:
- Antenatal counseling
- Newborn disorders and congenital abnormalities: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, tracheoesophageal fistula, gastroschisis, omphalocele, intestinal atresia, imperforate anus, cystic hygromas and teratomas
- Congenital and acquired lesions of the lung and trachea: Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation, pulmonary sequestration
- Head and neck lesions
- Noncardiac thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery
- Pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum
- Pediatric cancer surgery: Wilms’ tumor, neuroblastoma, soft tissue sarcomas, mediastinal and chest tumors
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Gastroesophageal reflux, intestinal malrotation, Hirschsprung’s disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
- Pediatric burn and trauma program
- Groin hernias, hydroceles and undescended testes
- Pediatric colorectal issues, including Hirschsprung Disease and anorectal malformations.
- Microvascular surgery
For an appointment with a pediatric surgeon, call (314) 454-6022.